BSF Music Festival 2017
Choirs and Orchestras worked throughout the week of 27th March 2017 on repertoires from Tchaikovsky and Borodin, to Earth Wind and Fire and The Carpenters, leading to a grand finale concert on Friday 31st March at the Rublevo theatre in West Moscow.
Following the concert there was the annual BSF ‘Battle of the Bands’ competition between the schools, featuring an exclusive performance by Musician and Songwriter, Diana Arbenina. The battle was won by the home band ‘Gravum’ against extremely tough competition.
During the week students were taken on a whirlwind tour of Moscow to explore the beautiful sights, and also attended cultural workshops to learn about traditional Russian art, cookery and folk music.
All students were hosted by ISM students where many strong friendships were forged.
The BSF schools that participated in this year’s festival were:
- The International School of Moscow (ISM)
- The British College of Brazil (BCB)
- The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL)
- The British International School of Marbella (BISM)
- The British School of Nanjing (BSN)
- The British School of Navarra (BSNV)
- The British School of Tashkent (BST)
- The British School of Yangon (BSY)
- The Kings School Manila (KSM)
Below are a few snapshots from the event: